WHO wants to become publisher/editor of the scores of Beethoven’s unknown 6th piano concerto?
Beethoven musicologist and composer Cees Nieuwenhuizen is famous for his reconstructions and completions of works by Ludwig Van Beethoven. Currently he is finalizing a reconstruction of Beethoven’s 6th piano concerto, based on the various sketches including those known as Hess15. The sketches for this work were found in various libraries worldwide.
Cees is now looking for a student / graduate who wants to help with the editorial work on a volunteer basis. The handwritten Beethoven/Nieuwenhuizen scores must be put in a computer and prepared for publishing by UpstreamMusic. A short scientific introduction to the reconstruction must be written with the help of Cees Nieuwenhuizen as a preface for the printed edition. After publication well known orchestras and musicians will be approached for the world premiere. You will closely work with Cees.
The Sheet Music Publisher / Editor is expected
- Experienced user of software such as Sibelius music composition and notation
- Convert handwritten manuscripts into printed music and oversee style and design
- Skills to proof read and edit music and text
- Interested in the reconstruction process of sketchbooks of old masters
- Interested to learn details about Beethoven’s composing techniques
- Dutch speaking
The project is not-for-profit, costs can be claimed in consultation. Your name will be mentioned in the publication as part of the editorial team. You will learn and understand the editorial and production process, build your network, increase composing skills and enrich your CV.
Interested? Call Cees!
Phone: +31 (0)72 561 39 73 or +31 (0)6 23 09 88 55 (mobile)